Get a head start on Maintenance & Prevention
It is always a positive step to get out ahead of those maintenance items that are part of owning a home. Failing to complete this short list of spring cleaning can leave you exposed to what has become increasing extreme weather events.
Here is a short list to work off!
- Clean debris out of your gutters
- Check and secure your gutter down spouts and leaders to be certain water off your roof is directed away from your home
- Clean basement window wells
- Have your generator serviced to be certain it will fire when you lose power. It is surprising how often this is left unattended
- Roof check – do a walk around your home to determine if the winter has left you exposed with shingle damage
- If you have a curtain drain that controls run off toward your home, it is sensible to have it flushed out
- Have your sump pumps serviced
Water that flows into your basement without Flood insurance is likely not going to be covered by your insurance. Taking steps to prevent water intrusion, and the resulting aggravation are sensible maintenance steps.
If you have questions about the value of Spring Clean-up, drop Kyle an email at email@example.com or call 203.698.9342 to set up a time to discuss.
Leave a Comment