Spring Cleaning 2021
As we approach the beginning of April, and the temperatures start to warm up, you are probably starting to think about your spring cleaning.
“Spring Cleaning Checklist”
Here’s a quick checklist from Chubb that can help freshen up your home and protect it against springtime elements.
On the exterior of your home:
1. Clean gutters and downspouts. This will help water flow easily, so it won’t get backed up and damage your house.
2. Check the ground around the foundation of your house and re-grade it if necessary. This can help keep water overflows away from the house and prevent water damage.
3. Wash windows and screens inside and out. Screens should be taken outside, then rinsed thoroughly with soap and water. If screens are damaged, repair or replace them.
4. Check trees around the house to make sure they’re not too close to power lines and the house, and call a tree service to trim them back if they are.
5. Check your roof and chimneys for damage, and get it repaired as soon as possible.
6. Make sure there are no leaks or drafts around doors or windows. If there are, seal them with caulking.
In the interior of your home:
7. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. This should be done every three months so you and your family will stay protected in case of fire, smoke or a carbon monoxide leak.
8. Test GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets, which are designed to protect you from electric shocks. Plug in a lamp, push the test button and then the reset button to see if it turns the light off and on again.
9. Vacuum the lint from the hose of your clothes dryer. Built-up lint can cause a fire.
10. Change furnace filters to keep them running efficiently.
If you would like more details contact Kyle at email@example.com or call 203.698.9342