Last week we sent out an email with the intention of creating a stress free holiday vacation by protecting your home and valuables. Today we would like to add an update on cars and how you can be proactive in preventing theft.
Cars, being mobile, are more difficult to keep safe. Car thieves have unfortunately become far more advanced in their capabilities. The police have advised us that car thieves have tools available that will tell them whether your keys are in the car when they drive by, and may even have master garage door openers.
Taking these steps may help deter them:
- Lock and alarm your car even when parked in the garage
- Remove or hide any valuables inside your car
- Keep your cars keys inside your locked and alarmed home
- Park your car in your garage at night and while you are away
- Keep motion lighting outside your home active at all times